For Southeast Asian countries, a visa upon arrival in Malaysia is available which allows you to stay in Malaysia for thirty days. But if you wish to stay in Malaysia more than a month, you can apply for a three months visa provided that you have sponsorship from someone who is living in Malaysia.
Application for three months visa can be carried out either in Malaysia or at the Malaysian Embassy in your country. Here’s a guide on how to apply for a three months visa in Malaysia.
1. Obtain all the requirements needed for the visa application.For Filipino’s who wish to apply for the visa, you will need the following.
- Visa Application Form with two passport size picture.
- Invitation letter from the sponsor in Malaysia authenticated by the Philippine Embassy in Malaysia
- If married to a Malaysian, Marriage certificate and passport of the sponsor is required.
- Work permit of the sponsor.
- Employment certificate of the sponsor
- Bank statement (latest account) or salary certificate of the sponsor.
- Passport of the applicant. Take note that your passport must be six months onward validity.
- Confirmed return ticket.
2. Submit all the requirement at the Malaysian Embassy in the Philippines, 29th flr., One World Building, Bundia Makati.
3. Visa fee cost is 550php per person and normal processing is three working days. Submission of requirements is from Monday-Friday 9:00am to 12:00 noon only.
Just make sure that you have all the requirements and your application will be carried out smoothly. Malaysia is a home to previously the world’s tallest building, currently the third tallest building in the world; The Petronas Twin Tower.