I should have posted this earlier since I have started preparing for this last month that’s 3 months before the big day. But to my surprise, that was a little late since our target venue for the party (our condo’s clubhouse) is already booked on little Z’s birthday and that’s complicate our plans. This made me crazy over looking for a new venue considering that we are currently out of the Philippines. Thanks to the World Wide Web and to my sister in law for booking the new venue in our behalf. We have chosen Max’s Chicken Restaurant in SM Marikina, since it’s the closest to our place plus they have all in one kiddie party package which will make our life easier.
Currently, I am thinking of adding additional giveaways for adult since they only include loot bags for kids in the package. I am still looking for giveaway supplier that will meet our budget.
This is my first hands on experience in preparing kiddie party. And from that, I have come up a list of things that needs to be consider in preparing a kiddie party.
- Whether you are in a tight budget or not, it is very important to settle on your budget and stick with in your budget range. It is also important to a lot for extra expenses for unexpected situation.
- Choose accessible venue. That is why we prefer our condo’s clubhouse to avoid the hassle of travelling and transporting things before and after the party.
- If you are in a budget, carefully select your visitor. Preferably family and relatives only and your closest friends. Perhaps, a list of priority and not so priority visitor will help. Also, distribute the invitation earlier and ask them to confirm their attendance so that you can keep track of how many visitors will be present. This will also give you a way to invite people who are on your not so priority list just incase someone who is a priority visitor will not be able to attend.
- Consider the capacity of the venue. A wide space is essential especially for a kiddie party. Schedule a visit to the venue so that you can assess if your guest will fit in.
- If you are booking a party package, carefully examine the package. Check everthing that is included in the package and don’t hesitate to ask. It is important to clear everything before the party to avoid unexpected charges.
So far, that’s what I have formulated based on a short time planning my son’s 1st birthday party. Two more months to go, and we are all excited for this. This is the first kiddie party on my side, while hubby’s side have already lots of it.