Reduce Travel Tax for OFW Dependents

Are you travelling the world from the Philippines? One thing that you need to settle before leaving the country is the travel tax. I know, many Filipinos including me wish that this tax should not be imposed to travelers. But it has been implemented even before I was born.

So what is really a travel tax? According to Tieza’s website, is a levy imposed by the Philippine government on individuals who are leaving the Philippines, as provided for by Presidential Decree (PD) 1183. A full travel tax for first class passenger is PhP2,700.00 and PhP1,620.00 for economy class. For an average Filipino like me, it’s quite pricey. Overseas Filipino Workers, diplomats and airline crew members are exempted from paying travel tax. For complete list of travel tax exemption visit Tieza’s website.

For OFW dependents did you know that you can apply for a reduce tax? I have applied for this before, when me and my son was traveling to Kuala Lumpur three years ago. And now, we’re able to avail this privilege again. A standard reduced travel tax for dependents of OFW is, PhP 810.00. To apply for a reduced travel tax for OFW dependents, just present the original copy of the OFW’s overseas employment certificate, marriage contract if you are a spouse of an OFW and birth certificate for children of OFW. You may apply at the airport on the day of your flight, or apply ahead at TIEZA central office 142 amorsolo st. legaspi village makati city, behind makati cinema square.

For those asking for senior citizen discount, unfortunately their is no reduce travel tax for our elders. We were traveling with my mother inlaw, and she paid full travel tax.




10 thoughts on “Reduce Travel Tax for OFW Dependents

  1. Why OFW dependents need to pay travel tax or even reduced it ? from the word dependent itself means that they have nothing as the OFW itself . I have been paying that reduced travel tax for more than 10 years due for my dependents and everytime the Tourism personnel want was original Marriage contract, Birth Certificate etc. if not they will charge you full travel tax ( Original Passport not valid for them ) You cannot have passport if you have no original Birth certificate or Marriage contract.(as per DFA requirements)

    I hope the government will look on this matter , How the RED TAPE is happening in PTA and how they are giving miserable lives to the OFW.

  2. Wala ba utak gorbyerno natin? And matitipid mo lang sa reduce travel tax is around P800 and yet ang hinahanap nilang requirements are original passport, original birth caertificate, OEC certificate.

    Magkano magagastos mo mga bobong requirements tapos P800 lang ang discount? pamasahe mo pa at pagkain pagpunta dun? magkano ang mtitipid mo P300?


  3. do you travel with your OFW spouse? how can we avail of reduced travel tax for OFW dependent if we’re not traveling with him e nasa kanya po yung original OEC diba?

    1. i can’t hardly recall if i presented a scanned copy of the OEC. Anyways, it would be best if you get hold of the original oec.

  4. How to avail of the reduced travel tax for ofw dependents if the ofw is oec exempted?we are not travelling with my husband because he is already there so how can we avail the reduced travel tax?

  5. Last june 2017 naka avail ako ng privilege reduced travel tax. Asawa ko is ofw. Binigay ko lang yung xerox copy ng OEC nya dated march 2016 at yung original copy ng marriage contract at birth certificate naming dalawa. 300 lang ang binayaran ko si malaki din ang discount ko. Sa airport na ako nagbayad. This nov abroad ulit ako and I’m not sure kung pede pa din ako mag avail ng reduced rate dahil pangalawang beses sa isang taon ako mag aavail kung sakali.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *